Arlene Strauch, L.P.C.
Arlene began “Counseling THE WAY forward” in May of 2015. She found her greatest reward was helping clients nurture their relationships with God, the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit which positively affected their relationships with people. These positive relationships greatly relieved their anxiety, depression, marriage issues, complicated grief, and other symptoms of dysfunction. Her positive experiences inspired her to focus all of her time and energy on Christian counseling.
- Graduated from North Canton Hoover High School in the spring of 1972.
- Graduated from Muskingum College in December of 1975 with a Bachelor of Arts Degree majoring in Religion.
- Graduated from Ashland Theological Seminary in December of 2009 with a Masters in Clinical Pastoral Counseling.
- Attended numerous workshops, conferences, and studies as Director of Christian Education.
- Attends continuing education courses to maintain her Counselor’s license.
- Worked in the Personnel office of Jones, Day, Reavis and Pogue, a large law firm in Cleveland, Ohio from 1976 to 1980.
- Worked in the home raising her 3 boys from 1980 to 1989.
- Worked as the Director of Christian Education at Avon Lake Presbyterian Church from 1989 to 2007.
- Counseled with ArborGate Associates, Inc., a private counseling firm in Westlake, Ohio from January 2010 to spring of 2015. At ArborGate Arlene counseled with individuals, married couples, and family groups such as sisters, mothers and daughters, mothers-in-law and daughters-in-law. She worked with adults, youth and children struggling with anxiety, depression, grief, difficult relationships or simply adjusting to challenging situations in life.
- Arlene has also led workshops, facilitated support groups and presented at conferences.
- Raised three sons with her husband of 39 years. All three sons are now raising families of their own.
- Enjoys her family (especially the 3 grandchildren), volunteer work at the church, reading, and sharing lunch and dinner with friends.